1. If that’s the roster for Season 2 above, have at it. Three ladies to two fellas, and one of the fellas is Agent Triplet.
2. There has never been a more welcome return than Patton “Billy Koenig” Oswalt. H/T to the A/V: I hope they kill him every week.
3. There has never been a more welcome blowing-up-of-a-dude than Bill “Crazy Eyes” Paxton.
4. It was an episode light on feels, but don’t get me started about when Fury called Coulson an Avenger. Oh shit here I go again
5. Suck it, haters, I think Skye’s the best character on the show and Chloe Bennett’s the best actress. That said, I won’t turn down a lot of Hermione/Trip action next season.
6. One presumes Agent Carter may now preoccupy itself entirely with the early, idealistic foundation of S.H.I.E.L.D. - “protection” - while Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. deals with Protection 2.0. (Did I mention I am really looking forward to Agent Carter.)
7. “You were never on top.”
8. “I know what it does.”
Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye at the sets of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
"Ok, this looks bad"
Well how about that. Getting it done, internet.
Let it go, Loki.
Once a year I look at my favourite toys from the preceding year. When I stopped buying a bunch of toys annually, and kept it to a relative handful (no wait: an actual handful!), this started getting less of a “top ___ list” and more of a “here’s what I did” list. Still, I’ve ranked them in order of awesomeness, because toys are awesome. There’s even a bit of psychological justification below, for those of you shaking your heads and wondering what my mother did wrong.
#1: Hot Toys MMS 188 The Dark Knight Rises Selina Kyle
It’s kind of a pick-‘ems in the top slots here but I think Catwoman edges out Loki by a nose. (She has a lovely one.) This must be the only instance of rooted hair in my whole collection, which is (admittedly) a bit funky and will probably only become funkier over time. But Selina is blessed by the presence of her fancy eyewear and goggles, which do a good job of keeping those runaway locks clamped down; and the Anne Hathaway sculpt is fucking phenomenal. The only real problem is the price point, which is becoming Hot Toys’ major problem anyway. I think I paid $240 here? For a figure with a single accessory (Bat-pod not included)? That’s way on the high side. For comparison, the identically-equipped Black Widow from Iron Man 2 ran $140, just three years ago.Read more
The natural expectation was that it would be Marvel vs. DC for control of the comic book movie universe; but with DC shitting the bed so spectacularly in the matter of setting up any non-Bat franchises, it’s actually gonna be Marvel vs. Fox - fought entirely with Marvel characters. Suits me fine; competition makes for a healthy marketplace. Here’s hoping Marvel never folds the Fox properties back under their umbrella.